St. Andrews Fire Department’s first priority is to provide fire protection and rescue to the community and provide educational fire prevention information to residents. We encourage residents to review the below fire safety information:
National Burn Awareness Week 2018
SAFD would like to remind residents of the importance of fire and burn safety. There are various causes of burns other than fire, many of which are caused by household items. This year the theme is fire & flame. Please take a moment to review some of these safety materials with your family today!
- American Burn Association
- National Burn Awareness Week Fact Sheet
- National Scald Injury Prevention Campaign
- Youth Fire Setting Prevention Tips
- National Burn Awareness Week 2018 Calendar
- A Quick Overview of Classroom Flammable Liquid Hazards
- Fireplace and Wood Stove Safety and First Aid
Fire Prevention Week 2017
This year the theme is: “Every second counts, plan two ways out!” Please take the time to review fire escape options for your home and run practice drills with your family. To complete a fire escape plan, please click here.
Additional Fire Safety Info:
- “How to Test Smoke Alarms” Child Activity Guide
- The ABC’s of Fire Extinguishers
- Fireworks Safety
- USFA Kids
- Sparky the Fire Dog Games
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
For additional fire prevention information, please submit your request to email@example.com or call the Fire Department at 843-556-8951.