St. Andrews Fire Department’s first priority is to provide fire protection and rescue to the community and provide educational fire prevention information to residents. We encourage residents to review the below fire safety information:
National Burn Awareness Week 2019
SAFD would like to remind residents of the importance of fire and burn safety. There are various causes of burns other than fire, many of which are caused by household items.
“Burn Awareness Week is a window of opportunity for organizations to mobilize burn, fire, and life safety educators to unite in sharing a common burn awareness and prevention message in our communities.”
This year the theme is Scald. Please take a moment to review some of these safety materials with your family today!
- American Burn Association
- National Scald Injury Prevention Campaign
- Youth Fire Setting Prevention Tips
- A Quick Overview of Classroom Flammable Liquid Hazards
- Fireplace and Wood Stove Safety and First Aid
- Cooking Safety for Older Adults
Fire Prevention Week 2018
Last year’s theme was, “Look. Listen. Learn.” Please take time to review fire escape options for your home and run practice drills with your family. Fire Prevention Week for 2019 will be October 6th-12th, and the 2019 theme will be announced on June 1st.
Below are photo albums from the events that SAFD were a part of during Fire Prevention Week 2018:
Additional Fire Safety Info:
- “How to Test Smoke Alarms” Child Activity Guide
- Sparky the Fire Dog Games
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- A Guide to Carbon Monoxide Safety in Your Home
- Fire Prevention Tips
For additional fire prevention information, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Fire Department at 843-556-8951.