SAFD is Now Hiring for Firefighter/EMT!
St. Andrews Fire Department is hiring for Firefighter/EMT! Below is the application with detailed instructions. Completed applications can be sent to 1775 Ashley River Road, Attn: Human Resources, Charleston, SC 29407 or via email to HR@standrewspsd.org. The deadline for applications was Friday, May 18th at 5 p.m.
Qualified applicants will be invited to the Pre-employment Firefighter Evaluation, which is scheduled for June 2018. Specifics will be provided closer to the evaluation date. For additional questions, please contact HR at 843-556-6310.
SAPSD IS NOW HIRING A HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
St. Andrews PSD is looking for a dependable individual to work with team of mechanics performing maintenance and repair on fire trucks, garbage trucks, automobiles, generators, and various small engines. Responsible for PMs, trip inspections, changing tires, hydraulic repairs (hoses, cylinders, valves, etc.).
The position requires experience/training with diesel/gas engines, auto electrical systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems a plus and heavy truck mechanical experience is required. A qualified applicant must have valid a SC driver’s license AND own transportation – (Class B CDL preferred but will assist the right person to obtain within 6 months of DOH), and a good work history with references (will check). Tools are provided.
The position is a full time position of 40 hours per week Monday thru Thursday, emergency on-call and occasional overtime.
Please click below to obtain an application. Once completed, applications can be sent to Attn: Human Resources, SAPSD, 1775 Ashley River Road, Charleston SC 29407 or via email to HR@standrewspsd.org.
- St. Andrews Fire Department Responds to Morning Structure Fire off Main Road 2.16.18
- District Manager Christie Holderness Issues State of the SAPSD 2.12.2018
- SAFD Responds to Early Morning Structure Fire 12.18.2017
- Smoke Detector Blitz 10.09.2017
- SAFD Welcomes Doug Montgomery as New Deputy Chief of Training & Special Operations 1.11.2017
- District Manager Christie Holderness Issues State of the SAPSD 12.31.2016
- Chief Charles Lamoreaux Appointed New Fire Chief of St. Andrews Fire Department 9.21.2016
- SAFD Receives ISO Class 1 Rating 8.9.2016