NOW ACCEPTING SOQS FOR GENERAL CONTRACTOR DESIGN/BUILD SERVICES
St. Andrews Public Service District invites you to submit Qualifications for Preconstruction and General Contracting design/build services through the design and construction phase for a new Environmental Services/Fleet Maintenance facility located in the area known as West Ashley in Charleston, South Carolina.
All communications concerning the RFQ shall be directed via email to Christie Holderness, District Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Respondents shall not contact other staff, employees, or Commissioners at St. Andrews Public Service District. The closing date/time is January 26, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Full RFQ document: SAPSD 1701 RFQ
NOW HIRING FOR FIREFIGHTER/EMT!
St. Andrews Fire Department (SAFD) is accepting applications for Firefighter/EMT. Interested candidates should submit their applications to 1775 Ashley River Road, Attn: Fire Chief, Charleston, SC 29407 or via email to email@example.com. Please be sure to complete all of the requested information and return the application by 5 p.m. on Friday, December 15, 2017.
Upon proper completion of the application, you may be invited to take the entrance exam on Saturday, January 13, 2018. This will consist of a written exam, an integrity exam, and a job-related physical agility exam. Failure of any of the three evaluations will result in being removed from consideration for employment. If you have successfully completed the three evaluations listed above, you may be afforded an opportunity to interview with a member(s) of the SAFD’s senior staff. It will be the final decision of the Fire Chief and/or designee of the possibility of employment with the department. Pay is subject to experience.
- Respond to emergency calls for fire, medical, and other emergency situations.
- Removes individuals from dangerous/hazardous situations.
- Performs all activities necessary to suppress/extinguish fires.
- Assesses emergency medical problems and performs prescribed treatment as outlined and authorized by NREMT and SCDHEC guidelines.
- Cleans/maintains fire stations, grounds, apparatus, and other equipment; makes minor repairs/adjustments to apparatus and equipment.
- Operates machinery, equipment, and light motor vehicles; ensures appropriate maintenance; may operate specialized fire vehicles/equipment (fire engines, ladder trucks, pumps, etc.) with sufficient experience and training.
- Receives and/or prepares various documentation (forms, checklists, reports, correspondence, etc.): processes, completes, and/or forwards as appropriate.
- Responds to routine requests for information from officials, employees, members of staff, the public or other individuals.
- Participates in and conducts training classes.
- Performs other duties related to fire and emergency medical service as prescribed by the office of the fire chief.
- IFSAC Firefighter II
- 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must pass a background check, drug test, & physical evaluation.
SAFD offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, paid leave, 401k, longevity pay, certification incentives, and life insurance to name a few.
As part of their routine tree trimming cycle to maintain public safety and electric system reliability, SCE&G will be pruning trees in parts of West Ashley and St. Andrews PSD territory this summer. Proper trimming minimizes the scale and duration of outages caused by storms and is generally undertaken every 5 years.
Work is beginning on the Charleston peninsula mid-May and will move to West Ashley from there, likely continuing through the summer. Lewis Tree Service will be conducting the tree trimming services. The map shows the PSD areas where trimming will occur this year. It will generally fall in the Dupont Station, Air Harbor, Geddes Hall, Marsh Oaks, Stono Park, Capri Isle, and Edgewater Park neighborhoods.
SCE&G and their contract tree trimming crews follow the American National Standard for Tree Care Operations (ANSI A300), developed and supported by arborists and other tree care experts. This method helps direct future growth away from power lines while leaving remaining limbs intact, resulting in healthier trees long-term since fewer cuts are used.
SCE&G customers in the trimming area will receive a postcard in the mail approximately two weeks before crews begin trimming there. Click here to view the map where trimming will take place.
If any of your neighbors have specific questions about trees on their property, please ask them to contact SCE&G’s customer service department at 1-800-251-7234. In addition, more information on tree trimming can be found at SCE&G’s website.
Smoke Detector Blitz
SAFD kicked off Fire Prevention Month by hosting a Smoke Detector Blitz in the Ponderosa neighborhood on Saturday, October 7th. For a full press release, please click here.
SAFD Welcomes Doug Montgomery as New Deputy Chief of Training & Special Operations
Newly selected Deputy Chief Doug Montgomery formerly served as Captain at SAFD since 2015. Montgomery, who is a 28-year fire service veteran, began his new role with SAFD on Monday, January 9, 2017. For the full press release, please click here.
St. Andrews PSD District Manager Christie Holderness has issued the State of the SAPSD. For the full version please click here.
Chief Charles Lamoreaux Appointed New Fire Chief of St. Andrews Fire Department
Chief Lamoreaux, Assistant Fire Chief of Training and Special Operations for St. Andrews Fire Department (SAFD), a division of St. Andrews PSD, has been appointed the 19th Fire Chief of SAFD. Lamoreaux, a 17-year Fire service veteran, assumed his new position at SAFD on September 23, 2016. Please click here to view the full press release.
ISO Class 1 Rating
We are proud to announce that St. Andrews Fire Department (SAFD) received a Class 1 Insurance Services Office (ISO) rating, putting them in the nation’s top 1%. For full press release, please click here.