St. Andrews Public Service District was created by Act 443 of the South Carolina General Assembly on July 1, 1949. The territory was made up of five districts in St. Andrews Parish in Charleston County. It is a Special Purpose District originally created to provide fire protection, refuse removal, wastewater services, street lights, and street signs.
Currently, St. Andrews Public Service District provides fire, rescue, and first responder services, environmental services, and street lighting to approximately 18,600 people in two districts. St. Andrews Public Service District operates administration offices, environmental services, maintenance facilities, and four fire stations.
Want to learn more about Special Purpose Districts? Click here.